Lee knows firsthand the fear, isolation and desperation that characterizes the illness that affects over 350 million people worldwide.
In 2004, at the age of 33, Lee’s desperate battle with depression and anxiety came to a head when she made three attempts to end her life. She courageously exposes the truth of her torturous journey in the inspiring and compelling tell-all “A Quiet Strong Voice”.
Her advocacy and willingness to openly share her story has resulted in thousands of people opening up about their own struggles and finding the hope and courage they need to keep going through the darkness.
Lee has delivered her message of courage, hope and inspiration as a speaker to thousands of people. Although not currently practicing,
Lee is a certified professional coach through Erickson College International. Through her personal experience and many of the people she has worked with, she believes the number one step in starting the healing journey through depression, is to feel heard, loved, and accepted– beginning with self. She is a quiet strong voice of hope, inspiration, and authenticity for millions of people impacted by mental illness.
A Quiet Strong Voice is Ready to not be so Quiet.
So there you have it, the ongoing contradictions of my life.
It’s a scary, but exciting adventure to re-release this book.
Official Launch Date: March 3, 2014
For mental health resources please visit FREE TOOLS
You are not alone. You are loved.
Lee joined me on Lets Get Real Chattin with Catherine back in 2012 to talk about her journey and her passion to reach out.
You can listen to the replay here:
• • Pysch Central Mental Health Hero May 2012
• • Spokesperson for the Kids Help Phone “Walk So Kids Can Talk” fundraising event in
Calgary May 6, 2012
• • Nominees Choice Winner for FIERCE Awards – November 2011 & 2012
• • Finalist in the “Faces of Mental Illness” campaign
• • Finalist in “Fabulous Mother of the Year Award” 2011
• • Named and featured as one of the Top 5 Mompreneurs in Canada in Mompreneur Magazine 2009, for the category of Giving Back.
• • In 2010, Lee became a Spokesperson for Distress Centre Calgary and presented at the 40th Anniversary AGM Celebration.
• • Featured in the City of Calgary – Family and Community Social Services advocacy video in October 2010.
• • Lee has been featured on Global TV, CTV, ET Canada, Metro News, Calgary Herald, Virgin Radio and 660 News
For more about Lee and how to purchase her book online etc. visit Lee’s website: http://www.aquietstrongvoice.ca/